What's under the tree? Our first Christmas full-timing. Small Space Living.
- Duplo Legos
- Cars - Matchbox and Disney Cars Brand
- A collapsable tent
- Mermaid Tail Blankets - I made it using Made for Mermaids Pattern
- Finger paint
- Rubber Disney Toys
- Trains - We mix the wooden train brands. Brio is my favorite brand. We found National Park trains at Seguario National Park that are really cool! I am just not sure where you can buy those outside of the western region park stores.
- Car Carrier Truck (A toddler request and it will hold 20 matchbox cars)
- Pedal Bike - long search for a 14 inch bike that wasn't cheaply made
- Bird Toy - Little Live Pets
When picking which toys to keep while transitioning to full time, think small and free-play type toys. Don't bring things that only work for one type of play. Lego's are great because they allow the child to create different scenarios. We only allow Duplo's in our Airstream because while the oldest is getting close to being able to use real lego's a new baby is joining us very soon. With such a small space I don't want chocking hazards around.
The Ukulele was random, but requested because my husband has one and plays it often. It is a great instrument for a small space because it is both small and on the quieter side.
We already have a collapsible tunnel that the kids love. The tent will compliment that and both will be used mostly outside on our "front porch."
We really kept our kids presents limited and to tell you the truth it was less stressful that way. Our stockings were filled at the Dollar Store with arts and crafts type things. Living in a small space makes you think about every purchase. We will have to purge some old toys when we get Runaway Mayzie (the Airstream) back... just like every family has to purge the old for the new... no matter how many square-feet they live in.
*This post does feature Amazon Affiliate Links. I use them to cover the blog hosting costs. These are truly products our children were given. I hope you find it useful when searching for gifts.